The Social Good Design Awards celebrates work from around the world that represents the power of effectively designed visual communications to make our world a better place. RGD was gratified by the community's response (over 200 submissions from 11 countries), the quality of work and the passion of the designers.
- Claire Dawson R.G.D., Co-founder/co-Creative Director, Underline Studio
- Vanessa Eckstein R.G.D., Creative Director, Blok design
- Paddy Harrington R.G.D., Executive Creative Director, Bruce Mau Design
- Christopher Simmons, Principal, MINE™
- Sophie Thomas, Founding Director, thomas.matthews ltd
A total of 35 entries were selected as award-winners. Winning projects included: a bold new typeface for a Lebanese newspaper to help deliver the message that free press will not be intimidated (Germany); Concepts for All - a free online image bank dedicated to humanitarian causes (Quebec); Do the Happy (Ontario) - a promotional campaign that offers a fun, emotional way to support children's health; and Riceland (Ontario) a student's packaging design intended to raise awareness of fair trade.
The winning projects were on public display at The Gladstone Hotel in November, with a reception held on November 10. See pictures from the exhibit here. A catalogue featuring the winning work is also available. Click here to view a digital version.
Thank you to our 2012 Partners:
- Design: Clear Space Design & Communication
- Print: Flash Reproductions
- Paper: Cascades
- Bindery: Anstey
- Exhibit: Sign Design & Graphics
- Editorial: Spellingbee Communication
The 2013 program will launch in May.