RGD advocates best practices for both graphic designers and the clients they work with.
RGD's advocacy role has many action points:
- Actively supporting, defending and maintaining a series of policies
- Promoting measures that broadly benefit members and the industry
- Increasing public awareness and disseminating information about industry best practices and the value of working with a Registered Graphic Designer (RGD)
- Arguing in favour of a new idea
- Speaking out on issues of concern
- Mediating, coordinating, clarifying and advancing a particular point of view
- Intervening with others on behalf of the profession
Our primary focus is on the following issues: spec work and crowdsourcing; accessibility; sustainability; and salaries and billing practices. Other advocacy areas include pro bono work, internship guidelines and more.
Request an RGD Identifier Logo
RGD has created a special logo that RGD members may use to identify themselves as such on self-promotional print and web materials. To request the logo, call 1 888 274 3668 x 24 or email .
- President Lionel Gadoury RGD has issued a formal response to recent questions and concerns posted on LinkedIn. The cause for confusion was a GDC ad in the most recent issue of Applied Arts Magazine, stating that "CGD is the only certification mark fo...
In a letter to the Editor of the Toronto Star, RGD distinguishes the skills of professional graphic designers from communications, PR and marketing professionals and calls on Port Hope, and the public sector at large, to act responsibly when tenuring...
- The Canadian Tourism Commission revokes a technical ability test from its Request for Supplier Qualification in response to a letter issued by the Executive Director of RGD.
RGD's Executive Director reaches out to the Town of Innisfil to help them revise an RFP issued for website redesign services.
- After learning that the RFP they issued for the design of their annual report contained a spec component, Convenant House cooperates with RGD by rectifying the situation immediately.
|< Previous||Next >|